Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryHOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD Coolte22Latest imagesSearchHOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD Coolte24Log inRegister

HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary Jo Thompson
Mary Jo Thompson

Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : Retired. News/reading junkie!
Registration date : 2009-12-03

HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD Empty
PostSubject: HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD   HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 pm

12/21/09

WOW! Who took the photo of the Holiday Gas Station during the blizzard? I think it's amazing! Winter may put a crimp in my travel plans, but it's my favorite time of year. This photo is tops!

Is it possible to get an original print from whomever took it? I realize I could probably print it off the page, but I don't think that would be ethical. I would love to have it enlarged plus mat and frame it.

THX!

Mary Jo Thompson
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Holiday photo.   HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:56 am

Are you talking about this photo that was in the gallery?
HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD Holidaystation-1
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Holiday photo.   HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Thank you Mary Jo for your compliments. I took the picture. thank you

You are welcome to make a print if you like. It would be best to use the image in the gallery. It is a larger image than the one above. I reduced the image above to get it to fit this post.

It was a beautiful snow. The flakes were large and wet. When I snapped the picture all the flakes came out like white dots. I suppose they reflected the flash on the camera.
Back to top Go down
Zorro
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Zorro

Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Education/Animal Rescue
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD   HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:47 pm

This is a beautiful photo! I would never have thought of using the flash to highlight the snowflakes.
You should send this one to The Weather Channel and Weather Underground (wunderground.com). It's MUCH better than most of the ones they have, and it would be fun to see this area "on the map" in the photo caption.
Very cool.
Thanks for posting it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD   HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOLIDAY GAS STATION PHOTO - MN BLIZZARD
Page 1 of 1