Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryThe difference between a blizzard and salvation. Coolte22Latest imagesSearchThe difference between a blizzard and salvation. Coolte24Log inRegister

The difference between a blizzard and salvation.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

The difference between a blizzard and salvation. Empty
PostSubject: The difference between a blizzard and salvation.   The difference between a blizzard and salvation. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:40 am

I often compare life around me with spiritual matters. The recent blizzards offered me such a comparison.

As people heard that the blizzard was coming people prepared. They made sure they had fuel in the furnace and ran to the store to get the groceries that would be needed for the weekend till the storm blew over.

On the other hand there were those who didn't much pay attention to the blizzard warning and pretty much went about business as usual. The storm hit and they weren't prepared and had to get by with what they had.

There were those daring people who went out into the storm confident that they could get through it. People sometimes trust in their own capabilities.

This all reminded me that as humans there are those who trust in themselves and believe that salvation will come to them on their own merits. Some people are so busy with their lives that they don't think about salvation and therefore don't prepare for it. Then there are those people who do listen to the warning and prepare.

We had two blizzards hit within a week. By the time the second blizzard hit it seemed everyone prepared and was ready for it. That is unlike salvation in that when we die it is done. There is no second chance to prepare.

As I sit cozy in my home and watch the storm outside I remember that even for all the beauty of that storm it can kill me if I venture out into it unprepared.
Back to top Go down
computerwhiz
Admin
Admin
computerwhiz

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: The difference between a blizzard and salvation.   The difference between a blizzard and salvation. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Whow, a very good comparison Lady Hawk. Thanks for sharing. applause
Back to top Go down
http://bigstonelakearearoyalty.blogspot.com
joelie hicks
Power Poster
Power Poster
joelie hicks

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The difference between a blizzard and salvation.   The difference between a blizzard and salvation. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:05 pm

it is a good analogy, makes it seem very real. I hope we'll all be ready. Do not delay.
If today you hear His voice, harden not your heart.
joelie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The difference between a blizzard and salvation.   The difference between a blizzard and salvation. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The difference between a blizzard and salvation.
Page 1 of 1