Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryWhat safety measures are in place for visitors...... Coolte22Latest imagesSearchWhat safety measures are in place for visitors...... Coolte24Log inRegister

What safety measures are in place for visitors......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

What safety measures are in place for visitors...... Empty
PostSubject: What safety measures are in place for visitors......   What safety measures are in place for visitors...... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:48 am

Recently I had an interesting conversation with a member of the carnival at the Big Stone County Fair.
:clown:

I had been working the Dairy trailer on Thursday night and a carny came by and asked where she could find a motel. She said she was traveling with the carny this summer as part of her schooling and wanted to get a good nights rest and work on her schoolwork and thought a motel would be a good idea. I directed her to Ortonville.
Sleep

The next day I saw her and asked her if she found the motel without any trouble. She thanked me and said she did. She then related to me how grateful she was because of the awful storm that came up late Thursday night. She had talked to the other carny people and they told her how the rain came down so hard and the wind came up so fast they became afraid of being out there exposed to the elements and they ran to the school building looking for shelter and the building was locked. :umbrella:

This started me to think. In the wake of the recent deaths of the boy scouts in Iowa I wonder what protection we have for visitors to our community when bad weather comes. Those people were our guests and as guests they should be afforded some safety while they are here under our roof (so to speak).

We have campgrounds all around the lake. Are there safety measures to protect people from disasters? I do hope we don't have to wait for a tragedy before precautions are put in place.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
computerwhiz
Admin
Admin
computerwhiz

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-05-15

What safety measures are in place for visitors...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What safety measures are in place for visitors......   What safety measures are in place for visitors...... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:22 pm

Good point Lady Hawk. Something should be done about that.
Back to top Go down
http://bigstonelakearearoyalty.blogspot.com

What safety measures are in place for visitors......
Page 1 of 1