Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryThe Dike Road Bridge Coolte22Latest imagesSearchThe Dike Road Bridge Coolte24Log inRegister

The Dike Road Bridge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

The Dike Road Bridge Empty
PostSubject: The Dike Road Bridge   The Dike Road Bridge Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:51 pm

Does anyone know when the dike road will be opened up again? I had heard it would be in mid-May, but obviously that is not the case since it is now a day away from being June.

Perhaps we should start a pool. Everyone can put in a dollar and draw dates as to when it will be opened.

Hmmmm......maybe not. scratch
Back to top Go down
computerwhiz
Admin
Admin
computerwhiz

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: The Dike Road Bridge   The Dike Road Bridge Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:40 pm

I got a phone call while I was at the station today, as of three o'clock this afternoon the bridge is open to traffic, YAY! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://bigstonelakearearoyalty.blogspot.com
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721

PostSubject: Re: The Dike Road Bridge   The Dike Road Bridge Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:57 pm

How come in Minneapolis the bridge crew is going to finish ahead of schedule and out here nobody cares? Why did the bridge take so long to complete?
Back to top Go down
computerwhiz
Admin
Admin
computerwhiz

PostSubject: Re: The Dike Road Bridge   The Dike Road Bridge Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:40 pm

A very good question, and although the bridge is open to traffic it's still not completed. There is still some painting and landscaping that needs to be done to it.
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Traffic   The Dike Road Bridge Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 12:13 pm

With the bridge now opened, this should really change the flow of traffic at the Holiday intersection. I'm glad to see it's finished before CornFest!
On Computer
Back to top Go down
computerwhiz
Admin
Admin
computerwhiz

PostSubject: Re: The Dike Road Bridge   The Dike Road Bridge Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:07 pm

I'm still getting used to using the dike road again. Every once in awhile I'll catch myself taking the long way between Ortonville and Big Stone. Embarassed It's nice to have it open again. It looks good. And I love the new railing between the road and the sidewalk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dike Road Bridge   The Dike Road Bridge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dike Road Bridge
Page 1 of 1