A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchLog inRegister

Share | 

State Representative Jason Frerichs from Wilmot chairs Wind Energy Bill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: State Representative Jason Frerichs from Wilmot chairs Wind Energy Bill   Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Today at the start of our House Local Government Committee, Chairman, Mark Kirkeby from Rapid City unexpectedly turned the gavel over to me. I Chaired the Committee meeting where we discussed possible summer studies for the Legislature. We approved a recommendation for a Wind Energy summer study.

This recommendation is sent to the Legislative Research Council Executive Board who will select the summer studies.

Rep. Kirkeby has always been very fair to me, and he makes every effort to be nonpartisan.

During the committee, Rep. Bolin reminded us of the few times that House Democrats have been able to Chair committees.

In our Democrat caucus, Rep. Hunhoff said it has been probably 12 years since any Democrat chaired a committee, which was when the Democrats led the Senate.

You can click on this link for minutes of the 3/10/09 House Local Government Committee. You can also listen to the audio if you click on the Public TV logo.

http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/2009/CommitteeMinutes.aspx?Committee=21&File=minHLO03101000.htm

I sure enjoyed the experience, and I think this is a good sign from Pierre!

--jason

State Representative Jason Frerichs
Democratic Whip
Dist. 1 (Roberts, Day, Marshall)
13497 465 Ave
Wilmot, SD 57279
(605) 938-4208 home
(605) 773-3851 capitol
(605) 949-2204 cell
rep.frerichs@state.sd.us
Check out www.jasonfrerichs.com <http://www.jasonfrerichs.com/> for legislative
updates!