Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryPrivate Girls basketball Meeting - Page 2 Coolte22Latest imagesSearchPrivate Girls basketball Meeting - Page 2 Coolte24Log inRegister

Private Girls basketball Meeting

Go down 
+6
computerwhiz
Lady Hawk
LittleDeb
Zorro
bulldog
wiggles
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Private Girls basketball Meeting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: We need to move forward.   Private Girls basketball Meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:57 am

The other day a friend asked me if the Girl's Basketball Issue turned out the way I thought it would turn out.

I had to think a bit and then I said maybe. Wiggles and the girls involved on both sides I hope learned a valuable lesson. How one feels is never a lie!

The coach, the school board and others were so busy about learning the "truth", they forgot about trying to understand and then have compassion.

Life really is about trying to understand, it is not about being right. In this community I often times hear, that's just Frauenshuh.

I do have compassion for the underdog, the person who may not have as much as others and most certainly the minority. I do not have compassion for government who usually suppresses or big companies.

I believe in the "people" to resolve their differences and attorneys an instrument in helping that resolution. I would gladly assist the "girls" again and again and again.

The one thing that is for sure is that these girls will grow up and attempt to have understanding and compassion.
Back to top Go down
joelie hicks
Power Poster
Power Poster
joelie hicks

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Private Girls basketball Meeting   Private Girls basketball Meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:01 am

well done.
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: The Administration should respond.   Private Girls basketball Meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:39 am

wiggles wrote:
The Ortonville paper has chosen to write things about this issue in a way that was unacceptable, the paper had no right to write anything of it because none of us involved talked to the paper or anyone that wrote about this issue in the paper. People always think what they read in the paper is true,in fact it is not.

Actually the paper does have the right to write the story. Freedom of the press is one of the things that soldiers have fought and died for in America. Your issue was that the paper did not portray an accurate account of the incident. Information is power. Who controls the information controls the power. It is important that people in the media be accurate and use their skills for the betterment of the community.

wiggles wrote:
The forum gives me my freedom to tell the truth and not have is twisted into something someone else wants to write or hear.

This website has opened a gate to allow people to be heard. Before this site there was no place to go when gossip ran wild. There was no place to go when government agents acted in their own self-interest instead of in the public interest. There was no place to go when the local media did not cover all sides of a story. This is the NEW MEDIA. Now everyone is a reporter. Everyone can tell their side of a story.

wiggles wrote:
At this time I am still gathering information and need my own space to express my feelings. Thanks to all for their input on the forums, you have given me the perspective to continue with my research on this issue and the strength to get through each day, one at a time. And to you who have made this forum available to the public, Thank you, you have done a great thing for a lot of people. Keep the Faith in the Forum!

This issue didn't happen overnight nor will it be resolved overnight. Very likely it will be a process depending upon the fortitude and the character of the people involved. Thanks for keeping us informed as to the progress wiggles. Like many issues of this type you may go for periods of "nothing is happening" to flair-ups and then there are things to talk about.

I would like to let the Administration and the Board and any others involved know that as bballer pointed out there are two sides to an issue. Your perspective is also welcome on this site. When people discuss things openly in the presence of witnesses then there is safety because everyone can read what is being said. No one is there to twist your words because you write your words. As public servants you need to be accountable to the public. In order to avoid gossip running rampant in the community you need to respond to the issue publically. It is appropriate to respond on this website because this is where it is being discussed. When public servants do not respond to an inquiry it only causes people to wonder why. Your position is better served by being forthright and open with the public.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private Girls basketball Meeting   Private Girls basketball Meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Private Girls basketball Meeting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2